Rules for participants
When using this forum (wiki) you accept following rules, rights and responsibilities:
- Argue fair. Be objective and avoid personal attacks.
- Refrain from comments or links to websites which content is indictable, discriminating, racist, offensive, insulting or commercially.
- Do not post any private information like names, addresses, telephone numbers or e-mail addresses from third parties without their explicit consent.
- Regard rights of third parties (e.g. privacy, personal rights or copyrights) if you received private messages or texts from other writers and your intention is to publish them in any way.
Consider you will be liable when breaching third parties' rights.
- You cannot choose your own username. To act for your own interest it is avoided to choose a name which is proctected by trademark law. The username consists of the first letter of the participant's first name and his/her last name without any blank.
The Working Group on Toponymic Data Files and Gazetteers' rights and responsibilities as carrier of this wiki:
- Posts and topics can be hold durably, edited, shifted, closed or deleted by the administrators and moderators of the The Working Group on Toponymic Data Files and Gazetteers' discussion forum (wiki).
It is not possible to assert a claim on such acting.
- Anyone who infringes the rules for participants or disregards general principles of netiquette can be barred.
- Neither the Working Group on Toponymic Data Files and Gazetteers nor the carrier of this wiki can be liable for conceptual and legally correctness of posts or the websites' content which are linked to.
About using the discussion forum (Wiki software)
The discussion forum is a wiki, i.e. a piece of software that runs on a server. It publishes web pages that you can read via a web browser such as Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Microsoft Internet Explorer.
The thing that makes wiki pages different from other web pages is e.g. the comment functionality. Provided that you have the right permissions, you can comment the page and upload any material, and the updates of the page will be visible to other people immediately.
The Wiki software provides extra functionality that transforms it into a social collaboration platform. Although most of the functionality is restricted to the administrator and to the nominated moderators the following can be used by all participants:
- Add a comment : Just go to the comment area on the bottom of the page to insert a comment
Find out about changes to content in the forum by watching pages and spaces. (Choose your username > press the button with the eye and the hint 'watches')
The following link provides you with more information & documentation (e.g. user guide) about the Wiki software 'Confluence' (by Atlassian) used for creating the discussion forum of the WG TDFG of UNGEGN: https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Getting+Started+with+Confluence